All types of dogs can benefit from a McTimoney treatment whether they are a working dog or a pet. Injuries sustained on the agility course or in the field may require rehabilitative treatment to help restore correct function of the musculoskeletal system. Maintenance checks can help to fine tune the system and keep it in balance to improve performance and reduce discomfort. Some breeds are predisposed to conformational issues where excess weight bearing and imbalances can lead to secondary compensations and discomfort.
Symptoms that a dog may benefit from a McTimoney treatment include:
- Discomfort when being touched
- Difficulty getting up and down stairs
- Behavioural changes
- Difficulty doing required tasks
- Lameness that has not resolved after veterinary investigation
- Rehabilitation following injury or post operation